Do you dream of making beautiful cakes? Do you wonder how to achieve those even layers, and that smooth sugarpaste covering? Then our Basic cake class is just right for you.
In this class, you will go through all the steps to complete a fondant cake in your very own design:
You will learn to cut a cake into even layers, fill it with an airy buttercream that’s not too sweet, and mask it with a firm crusting buttercream.
We’ll show you the secrets of covering cakes in fondant, so that you’ll be able to do it with ease. And for decoration, you will craft your own gorgeous sugar blossoms to decorate your cake with. You will take your finished cake home, bursting with pride.
Note: This class is suitable for beginners with no previous experience. If you are a practiced student and want to perfect your skills, we recommend our Advanced cake class.
In the Basic cake class, you will learn:
- How to torte and fill a cake
- How to mask a cake with crusting buttercream
- How to cover a cake in fondant
- How to make sugar flowers by hand
- How to assemble all the elements
You will take home:
- Your finished cake in a box
- Recipes and instructions
- Course certificate
The class was very inspiring. You gave us lots of helpful tips that make working on a cake so much easier. – Gabi
Basic cake class dates:
Duration: 13.00 – 18.00
Location: Minh Cakes Studio, Wieslergasse 36, 8049 Zürich
Language: German, we are happy to answer questions in English
Cost: 399 CHF per person (includes: all materials, use of ingredients, tools and apron, drinks and snacks, cute box for your cake, handout with recipes, course certificate)
|Currently no dates planned.|
Is your preferred date fully booked? Join our waiting list: Waiting list
Class terms and conditions
- By submitting the registration form, you agree to pay the entire class fee within 3 days.
- When you register, you can pay immediately with Paypal or request an invoice by e-mail. This is payable within 3 days.
- Your spot in the class is only confirmed once we have received your payment.
- You will be informed if the class takes place.
- If a class is fully booked, we recommend you join our waiting list. If a spot becomes available, we will let you know.
- Cancellations must be sent in written form, preferably by email to email@example.com
- If you cancel earlier than 3 weeks before the class, we will refund the class fees, minus 25 CHF handling fees.
- If you cancel later than 3 weeks before the class, the full class fee is due. We are not able to refund any fees in this case. You may transfer your seat to a substitute student – please let us know so we can also help search for a replacement.
- Students are responsible for their own insurance – all liability is excluded.