Make all your friends happy with these awesome partly vegan gluten free banana cupcakes!
I love experimenting with ingredients. Last week I had so many overripe bananas left over, but didn’t have time to use them. So I stuck them in the freezer! Today I’m showing you a great way to use them.
Bananas are a great egg replacement in vegan baking. And since I had some gluten free flour left over, I thought I’d try that as well. It worked out fine!
Everything starts with a great preparation:
- Prepare your baking pan with cupcake liners,
- Preheat your oven to 170 C / 350 F
- Weigh all your ingredients
Here we go!
How to make vegan gluten free banana cupcakes
For the frosting, you could make whipped white chocolate ganache. In my case, this was NON vegan. I experimented with it here:
And here’s the recipe for you:
Partly vegan gluten free banana cupcakes with white chocolate frosting
- For the vegan cupcakes
- 100 g cane sugar
- 2 large or 3 small overripe bananas, pureed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 120 ml vegetal milk (coconut milk, almond milk)
- 90 g oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140 g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional (as gluten replacement):1/16 tsp CMC / Tylo powder For the non-vegan frosting
- 800 g white chocolate, chopped
- 200 ml Coconut milk
- Preheat your oven to 170 C / 350 F normal heat, place cupcake liners into baking pan, weigh all ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and CMC if using, then set aside.
- In your main bowl, whisk the banana puree, cane sugar and lemon juice until foamy.
- Add the oil and the vanilla extract and stir.
- Add the milk and the flour mixture in alternating additions.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the batter into the liners. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. After taking out of the oven, remove immediately from the baking tin and leave to cool on a wire rack or on the counter.
- For the frosting, combine the white chocolate and the coconut milk in a saucepan and melt together on very low heat. You don’t want to overheat the chocolate!
- Once melted, leave the ganache to cool at room temperature for 1-2 hours, without disturbing it.
- When the consistency is like pudding, whip it with your mixer, careful not to overwhip.
- Decorate the cupcakes with a piping bag and the tip of your choice,
Have fun making these cupcakes. Please let me know what you think of them in the comments!
Love and happy baking,