Tomorrow it’s mother’s day in Switzerland! Surprise your mom with these gorgeous raspberry cheesecake cupcakes. They are sweet and tangy and just the right size for a treat!
I originally found this gorgeous idea from Martha Stewart. This recipe is different though: For the cheesecake filling, I learned a great trick from my student and fellow baker Karolin: She adds sour cream to make it extra creamy. Thank you Karolin!
You can easily make them 1-2 days in advance, or even freeze them. Your mom is going to love these!
How to make perfect raspberry cheesecake cupcakes:
Note: In the video I’m only using two eggs because I prefer the taste, but you may use three eggs for a fuller cheesecake.
Print the recipe:
Raspberry cheesecake cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 150 C (300 F) and place cupcake liners in your baking pan. Weigh all your ingredients.
- For the crust: Grind the cookies in a food processor, or using a ziplock bag and a large rolling pin. Place a tablespoon of crumbs into each liner and press it with a glass. Bake for 5 minutes and let cool.
- In the meantime, make the raspberry puree, strain it and let it cool.
- For the cheesecake filling: In a mixer bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Add the cream cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until just combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla and stir gently by hand, until just combined.
- With the help of an ice cream scoop, fill the paper liners with the cheesecake filling.
- Add two or more drops of raspberry puree to each cupcake. Drag a toothpick through the drops to create hearts, flowers or swirls.
- Bake for 20-25 Minutes, leave to cool and then chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours at least, or overnight.
- Serve topped with fresh raspberries and mint leaves.
Let me know in the comments how it goes, and what your mama said!
Love and happy baking,